Tamim Iqbal Cricket Career, He is a Bangladeshi cricketer who has played all three formats of the game. He is considered one of the best batsmen in Bangladesh’s history.
Tamim made his international debut in 2007 and has since played 290 ODIs, 78 Tests, and 82 T20Is. He has scored over 13,000 runs in ODIs, over 5,000 runs in Tests, and over 2,000 runs in T20Is. He has also scored 25 centuries and 72 half-centuries in international cricket. Tamim is a left-handed batsman who is known for his aggressive batting style. He is also a very good fielder and has taken over 100 catches in international cricket. Tamim has been the captain of the Bangladesh ODI team since 2020. He led the team to the 2023 Cricket World Cup, where they finished in the top 8.
In July 2023, Tamim announced his retirement from Test cricket. He cited fatigue and the need to focus on ODI and T20 cricket as reasons for his decision. Tamim is a true legend of Bangladesh cricket. He is one of the most successful batsmen in the country’s history and has played a major role in their rise in world cricket. Here are some of Tamim Iqbal Cricket career highlights:
- Youngest Bangladeshi to score a century in ODIs (19 years, 2 days)
- First Bangladeshi to score a century in T20I cricket
- Captain of the Bangladesh ODI team from 2020 to 2023
- Led Bangladesh to the 2023 Cricket World Cup
- Scored over 13,000 runs in ODIs, over 5,000 runs in Tests, and over 2,000 runs in T20Is
- Scored 25 centuries and 72 half-centuries in international cricket
- Taken over 100 catches in international cricket
Tamim Iqbal is a true great of Bangladesh cricket. He is an inspiration to many and his legacy will be felt for many years to come.