Michael Bracewell Cricket Career, He is a New Zealand cricketer who plays for Wellington. He is the nephew of former Test players Brendon and John Bracewell, and the cousin of current international player Doug Bracewell and comedian Melanie Bracewell.
Bracewell made his first-class debut for Wellington in 2014. He has since played 104 first-class matches, scoring 5521 runs at an average of 34.65. He has also played 129 List A matches, scoring 3775 runs at an average of 32.50. Bracewell made his international debut for New Zealand in 2022. He has played 19 ODIs, scoring 510 runs at an average of 39.50. He has also played 16 T20Is, scoring 113 runs at an average of 18.83.
Bracewell is a left-handed batsman who bowls right-arm off-spin. He is a versatile cricketer who can bat in the top order or in the middle order, and he can also be used as a wicket-keeper. In his ODI debut against the Netherlands on March 29, 2022, Bracewell scored 140 runs off 113 balls, which is the third-highest score by a New Zealand batsman in an ODI debut. He also scored 94 runs off 70 balls in his second ODI against the Netherlands. Bracewell made his Test debut against England on June 10, 2022. He scored 49 runs in the first innings and 22 runs in the second innings. Bracewell is a promising young cricketer who is still in the early stages of his international career. He has the potential to be a key player for New Zealand in the years to come.
Here are some of Michael Bracewell Cricket career highlights:
- Scored 140 runs off 113 balls in his ODI debut against the Netherlands in 2022.
- Scored 94 runs off 70 balls in his second ODI against the Netherlands in 2022.
- Made his Test debut against England in 2022.
- Scored 49 runs in the first innings of his Test debut.
- Scored 22 runs in the second innings of his Test debut.
- Has been named in the New Zealand squad for the 2023 Cricket World Cup.