Martin Guptill Cricket Career, and he is a New Zealand international cricketer who plays as an opening batsman. He is considered one of the best opening batsmen in the world, and is known for his aggressive batting style. Guptill has represented New Zealand in all three formats of cricket, but he is most successful in ODIs, where he has scored over 8,000 runs.
He is the all-time leading run-scorer for New Zealand in ODIs, and holds the record for the highest individual score in an ODI innings (268). Guptill made his international debut in 2009, and quickly established himself as one of the most promising batsmen in the world. He was a key member of the New Zealand team that reached the final of the 2015 Cricket World Cup, and he was named as the player of the tournament for his performances.
Guptill has also had success in Test cricket, scoring over 4,000 runs. He is a hard-hitting batsman who is capable of scoring quickly, and he has also shown the ability to build long innings. However, he has not been as consistent in Test cricket as he has been in ODIs. Guptill is a popular figure in New Zealand cricket, and he is known for his positive attitude and his love of the game. He is a role model for young cricketers, and he is seen as one of the future stars of New Zealand cricket.
Here are some of Martin Guptill cricket career highlights:
- 2009: Makes his international debut for New Zealand in an ODI against England.
- 2011: Scores 138 against Australia in the Cricket World Cup.
- 2012: Scores 237 against England in an ODI, his highest score to date.
- 2015: Named player of the tournament at the Cricket World Cup, after scoring 547 runs.
- 2019: Scores 200 against West Indies in an ODI, becoming the first New Zealand batsman to do so.
Guptill is a world-class batsman who has achieved great things in his career. He is a key member of the New Zealand team, and he will be looking to continue his success in the years to come.