Pakistan cricket team are in a spot of bother after a hat-trick of losses. They have suffered a humiliating 8-wicket loss to Afghanistan on Monday. With that, Pakistan’s chances of making the Cricket World Cup semifinals have taken a hit. However, with 4 matches still to play, Babar Azam and Co. are still in the contest to qualify for the semi-finals.
How can Pakistan still qualify for the World Cup 2023 semifinal?
- Pakistan presently stands fifth in the table with 4 points and a net-run rate (NRR) of -0.400.
- Pakistan now will have to win all 4 remaining games to have a chance of making the semi-finals.
- However, Pakistan might have to depend on other teams’ results as well due to their poor NRR.
- But the road will only get difficult for the Pakistan Cricket Team.
- Pakistan faces high-flying South Africa next followed by Bangladesh, New Zealand, and England.
- With South Africa and New Zealand likely to make it to the semifinals, Pakistan and England will be locked in a direct fight.
|Date||Day||Team 1||Team 2||City||Time|
|Oct 6||Friday||Pakistan||Netherlands||Hyderabad||Pak won by 81 runs|
|Oct 10||Tuesday||Pakistan||Sri Lanka||Hyderabad||Pak won by 6 wickets|
|Oct 14||Saturday||India||Pakistan||Ahmedabad||India won by 7 wickets|
|Oct 20||Friday||Australia||Pakistan||Bengaluru||Aus won by 62 runs|
|Oct 23||Monday||Pakistan||Afghanistan||Chennai||Pak lost by 8 wickets|
|Oct 27||Friday||Pakistan||South Africa||Chennai||2:00 PM|
|Oct 31||Tuesday||Pakistan||Bangladesh||Kolkata||2:00 PM|
|Nov 4||Saturday||New Zealand||Pakistan||Bengaluru||10:30 AM|
|Nov 11||Saturday||England||Pakistan||Kolkata||2:00 PM|
Pakistan has matches against South Africa, Bangladesh, New Zealand, and England left. Matches against South Africa and England will be a big test for the Men in Green. And if they manage to win against these two big teams, it will give them a chance to book a knockout spot.
Pakistan Squad for World Cup 2023:
Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Salman Ali Agha, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Wasim Jr.